1-I am grateful for the fun day I had today. I needed a day like that! I think it's so funny that this online yard sale-ing has turned into such an obsession for me, but in a good way. I have met new friends, found some amazing deals on furniture for my new house and have had such a great time. So lame, I know...I have probably said "I'm grateful for the yard sale" WAAAYYY too many times. It has been a really fun distraction for me though. Today a lady was selling everything in her storage unit. So, naturally I picked up my new yard sale friend (who paints all of my awesome yard sale furniture) and took her with me to help me decide what to get. I got a bookshelf, a nightstand, 2 chairs and a "dough boy" (as my Mom informed me it's called. I was calling it a "magazine rack side table"...close enough...) for $95! And I got to have lunch with my new friend...AND another new yard sale friend walked into the restaurant and was going to eat alone, so she joined us too. It was so super fun. I love chill people who can be friends with everyone. We laughed and chatted for hours. It was so refreshing!
2-I am grateful for my builder. I know I have mentioned (probably more than once) how frustrated I am with the slow process and lack of communication...but I am grateful that he is an honest guy. He actually cares about us and our house. His comment at our meeting tonight was great. He said, "Who cares how long it takes. It's not a race. What's the hurry? Don't you want things done right?" He was speaking more hypothetically, not really saying that TO us, but I'm sure it was meant for us. :) He was really talking about builders who say, "Oh, we can build this house in 90 days..." and things like that. It really isn't a race. It really doesn't matter when it's done (within reason). However, it really DOES matter if you're unhappy with the finished product. We learned tonight that he gathered all of the unused rebar from our foundation and returned it for a refund for us. He also did some of the labor on our foundation himself to save us money. We are putting an indoor basketball court underneath our garage and it was quite the process to get it in there. That is the main reason we are so far behind on our house. We learned tonight that it was all worth it. Our builder told us that if there is ever an earthquake, that's the safest place to go...and he might join us. :) It is a secure structure AND he kept us within our budget!
3-I am grateful that Ryan gets to go back to Ft. Herriman! He only has 6 more days of school at South Hills. It made his day when I told him that! The principal actually kept his word about letting him in at the quarter break! I was shocked, to be honest. The funny thing is, he lives next door to our builder. We just learned that today. Had we known that sooner we might have been able to pull some strings. It was nice having him ride the bus to South Hills though. Now I get to drive him to and from Ft. Herriman twice a day! Lucky me. :) With the new road being finished it won't be too bad though. It's a small price to pay for his happiness!
We Moved
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment