Monday, October 8, 2012

Gratitude Post #48

1-I am grateful for Mason. He is one of a kind. :) He has a SUPER loose tooth right now and he is just dying to pull it out all by himself. He will not let anyone touch it. Last night he said, "Tomorrow I will be man enough to pull it out." This morning he said, "At 6:41 tonight I will be man enough to pull it out." At 6:41 he got all panicky and made me run into the bathroom with him. We literally spent 30 minutes in there while he tugged, twisted, pulled and pushed. (Well, let's be honest here...probably 28 of those minutes were intervals spent agonizing over the tooth and 2 minutes were actually spent trying to get it out.) That darn tooth is still in there. It's not hanging on by much. I hope he doesn't swallow it in his sleep. That would be so devastating. I asked why he chose 6:41 p.m. and he didn't have an answer. He just needed a deadline to force himself to do it at some point and 6:41 seemed like a good time I guess. I do so love that he insisted that I go into the bathroom with him and that I wasn't allowed to leave. I love that he still needs me. Even if he is "Man enough".

2-I am grateful that I was able to help with vision screenings at the school this morning. I have tried to lay low and avoid the PTA at my kids' new school. Wouldn't you know, Katey goes and becomes best friends with the "president-elect's" daughter...so, I got roped into doing vision screenings when she found out I was the health commissioner last year. I actually loved doing it and was just glad I wasn't in charge this time. THEN, I got a phone call this afternoon from the PTA room parent coordinator telling me I was volunteered to be a 6th grade room parent. I'm sure Taylor had nothing to do with that. :) THEN, tonight I got a call from a parent in Taylor's class asking me to help with a reward party next week. I'm not sure how my name is getting around so fast. Three times in one day seems a little extreme. However, I haven't been in to help at the school very much this year so I'm grateful for the opportunity...especially to do the fun stuff. :) I signed up on all of my kids volunteer lists and have only been on 1 volunteer calendar 1 time so far. I was missing it.

3-I am grateful for sympathetic ears. I have complained more tonight than I have in a long, long time. I am beyond frustrated with the construction of my house. The framers haven't been back to finish the upstairs for a whole week. We were supposed to meet the door and window guy tonight and he didn't show up. Then, we found out afterwards that we could just meet him at his showroom to pick them out. Why we didn't know that a long time ago is beyond me. We have to "hurry" and pick out a front door so the framers can frame in the front door based on what we pick out. Interstingly enough, we had to pick out our exterior colors (rock, stucco, garage doors, gutters, etc.) MONTHS ago. Surely picking out a front door should have been more urgent that those other things we won't be ready for any time soon. Blah. I honestly thought we would be in our house by now. Or at least close. We are probably 2 months away still. I know it's normal to be behind when building a house, but this is ridiculous. I can't wait for my gratitude post when I actually have a house to move in to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are frustrated with your house. Just take a deep breath and try to enjoy not having a huge new house that you have to stress about keeping clean just yet;) But I do hope the process gets sped up and that you can be in by the end of the year! I can't wait for the gratitude post that includes pictures of the new house and all the fun treasures you've found to fill it!!!