1-I am grateful that we were able to take my parents to walk through our house today. It's almost done being framed! I'm sure they were relieved to know that we do, in fact, have a house being built and it's not just a ploy to live with them forever. :) I am getting so dang excited for my house to be finished! It feels like it's taking forever and it feels like my entire life revolves around it, but it is so exciting!
2-I am grateful for an amazing Conference talk today. First observe. Then serve. Oh how I love that! Sometimes I think I am great at service and sometimes I feel like my service is very selfish. I love to serve people on my terms and in a way that also benefits me. Granted, a lot of times it is truly the best I can do...but sometimes I could really do more and I just don't. I am grateful for the service I have received in my life and I am also grateful for people who have let me serve them. My Mother-In-Law and I were talking about a book she read (can't for the life of me remember the title...) about a lady who was in a terrible accident and had an out of body experience (Not Stephanie Nielsen). :)She claims to have visited heaven and was told, "You are missing the point. Life is all about service and love." SERVICE AND LOVE people. That's it in a nutshell. If you missed that talk today you should go to lds.org and look it up. It was so amazing and totally what I needed to hear! :)
3-I am grateful for Hayden. Man that kid makes me laugh. Last night he TOTALLY slept walked. He is not usually a sleep walker so it was super weird to hear him walking down the hall at midnight. I picked him up and asked where he was going. He said, "I have to find the white square animal" with totally glazed over eyes. I tried not to laugh and tried to tuck him back in. He fought it, insisting that he find the white square animal. I finally got him to lay down. Five minutes later I could hear the most bizarre sound. It sounded like a waterfall. I walked out into the hallway to see him, pants down, peeing on the wall. I said, "HAYDEN!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? YOU'RE PEEING ON GRANDMA'S WALL!!" He said, "What? I had to pee real bad." It was then that I realized there was an electrical outlet on the wall, right where he was peeing. He had peed straight into it and shorted out the power on the entire back end of the house. I had to get a flashlight to clean it up! I couldn't stop laughing as I was telling Chris the story. Hayden didn't remember a thing this morning. He got the giggles when I told him about it though. :) Mason woke up before me and went to tell my Mom that his clock, nightlight and bedroom light weren't working. I could hear her walking around, flipping switches and trying to figure out what the heck happened! I had to drag my butt out of bed to go and explain it to her. I got the giggles again. Then she got the giggles explaining it to my Dad. Luckily we all have a sense of humor. :) And luckily we just had to flip the breaker to get the power back on. AND since the computer is plugged in near where he peed, I was really happy to find out it was still working too.
We Moved
5 years ago
2 comments:
I thought I'd tell you that today Avery was looking at the photo book from the last Webber family trip. She asked where she was and Darren told her heaven. Then she asked where Sophey was and Darren said she was in heaven too. Then Avery turned to me and said, "Me and Sophey weren't there. We were in heaven. We were playing together. She was just running and running around. I was playing with blocks." I don't know why, but it cracked me up and I thought you would like it, too.
Ha ha! That pee story is awesome. We have a poop sleepwalking story. Not quite as funny. I threw away a lot of toys and clothes. It just wasn't worth it. :)
Post a Comment