1-I am grateful that I have the patience to retype this ENTIRE post that I just accidentally deleted. Even though I felt like turning off the computer and walking away. Blah.
2-I am grateful for Hayden! I got to help in his classroom today and I loved it. I love going to the school just to see my kids' faces light up when I walk into their classrooms. (Or too see their eyes roll at the sight of me in the case of a 10-year-old-girl...) I got to do some testing with the kids and I was so proud of Hayden for doing so well on his! About a month ago I got a call from his kindergarten teacher. She said they were splitting his class due to size. They were dividing the kids based on academic levels. Hayden was right on the border. He was offered a spot in the "lower" group but when the teacher found out we were moving she decided to give it to someone who could benefit from it all year long. So, Hayden got put in the "higher" group with a new teacher. His old teacher said she would make sure to tell the new teacher to work with Hayden and push him a little harder. He is smart, he just doesn't like to think if he doesn't have to. :) He has been in the new class for a few weeks and it seems to really be helping! I am loving the smaller class size and he is loving the attention he's getting from his new teacher. He has a better attitude about doing his homework and he seems to be grasping concepts better. (You know, important concepts like print, reading, math, handwriting, phonics, etc.) I appreciate their efforts so much. I also appreciate their concern in the first place. When you have that many 5 year olds in your class it's hard to give them individual attention! We are going to miss this school (IF) when we move. :)
3-I am grateful for my parents. They took Chris and I out to a nice dinner tonight. Chris and I are pretty frugal. We don't often go to restaurants that have linen napkins, paper menus (and not the kind you color on) and wine glasses. :) (Not that we used them...) We left the kids home this time and it was such a nice break. I am stuffed from all kinds of yummy (expensive) food. And I feel relaxed and rejuvenated just from having a 2 hour break. :)
We Moved
5 years ago
1 comment:
Yummy! Where did you go eat?
I cannot tell you how many times I have typed a post only to accidentally delete it minutes later. So I feel your pain and I am proud of you for not shutting off the computer and walking away. And I love that you love helping at the school. I don't like it at all. It gives me anxiety. I know that's dumb and I don't know why I feel that way-but I do.
Post a Comment