1-I am grateful for sleep. I am tired. So tired. Getting up early to get 2 batches of kids on the bus, showering quickly in between bus times, running Soph to preschool and dance (3 mornings a week), running back to get on the afternoon kindergarten bus, and all of the other things in between (you know...ridiculous amounts of laundry, making dinner, trying to get everyone to eat dinner, cleaning up dinner, homework, making lunches, cleaning, shopping, errand running, putting kids to bed, trying to get kids to stay in bed, etc.) is seriously wearing me down. I feel super organized and on top of things right now, but that comes with a price. EXHAUSTION. I am just so grateful for sleep. I am really looking forward to it tonight.
2-I am grateful for my new glasses. Even though I'd much rather be writing, "I am grateful for Lasik"...I am still grateful for my new glasses. :) I am looking forward to being able to see when I don't have my contacts in. My old glasses are probably 5 years old (and broken). My new glasses are cute, comfortable and the right prescription. And they cost about 1/10th of the price of Lasik. (Which I hope to be able to have some day...you know, after we get a basement, a yard, a fence and all of those other fun things.) I am also grateful for the eye dr. that I go to. My glasses came with a little bottle of lens cleaner (which they will refill for life at no charge), a cleaning cloth, and a mint truffle. All tied up in a cellophane bag with cute ribbon. Seriously, little things like that totally make my day! :)
3-I am grateful for my family. I am grateful to be exhausted. This is all I ever wanted to do. I didn't have big aspirations in life. I just wanted to marry someone awesome, have 6 kids (4 boys and 2 girls to be exact) and drive an SUV and live in a big house. :) For real. I wrote that down when I was a teenager. I am grateful that all of my dreams have come true. Every. Single. One. Well, I'm still working on the house part...but my parents' house is big...and I live in it...
4-I am grateful for my brother, Kevin. He lived here for a few weeks with us before he got married in June. It was fun getting to know him better. I was sad to see him go. He stopped by tonight to pick something up. He got here just in time to help Ryan with his math homework. (I am SO not qualified to do 8th grade math. That is an understatement.) It honestly takes a village...
We Moved
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment