Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Gratitude Post #56

1-I am grateful for the "new road". We have been referring to the Mountain View Corridor as the "new road" for quite some time. I have loved the section between 126th and 134th for a while. I have been anxiously awaiting the new section (from Redwood to Rosecrest Road) for MONTHS! Like, ever since we moved in with my parents on May 19th. You see, my parents live right off of Redwood where the "new road" ends. AND, my new house is right off of the "new road" and Rosecrest Road. It's like a perfect little match made in heaven. It literally takes me 5 minutes to get to my new house instead of 20. You see, 134th has been under permanent construction for as long as I can remember...and that construction has taken up quite a bit of my time since May 19th...and beyond. We have been hearing rumors about how quickly we would be able to get from my parents house to our new house for months. We wondered if the "new road" would ever open. And if it was too good to be true. And if it would open JUST AFTER we moved in. But, no. It opened at 3 p.m. on Saturday. We drove on it a few hours later. It was AMAZING!! 45 mph speed limit with 1 stop light. A direct route from point A to point B. To some it may seem midly more convenient to have that road go through. For me it is life changing. A bit dramatic perhaps? Nope. Not if you take into account how often I drive from Bluffdale to Herriman. (At least once a day actually.) So go ahead and call me dramatic. I'll laugh at you as I'm cruising at 45 (+) mph and cutting my driving time in at least half. I'll laugh at you when I am saving gas money and miles on my car. That'll prove I'm not dramatic...or crazy...

2-I am grateful for a good meeting we had with our builder last night. A much needed meeting. The framing of our house is going on week #4!! It was supposed to take 1. We are so behind it's unbelievable. They told us we can expect to be in right before Christmas. Because everyone wants to move in when it's snowing outside. I mean, it will be the best Christmas present EVER...don't get me wrong...but it's kind of bad timing. Especially when our contract says Nov. 6th. They are at least communicating with us now, and "throwing things in" to make us happy. They dropped the ball and forgot to have us pick out a front door. The one we want will take too long to get here, so they're giving us a more expensive one for the same price. They are throwing some can lights into our eaves because they think it will look nice. They are actually answering our questions they have been dodging for months. AND they are forcing the framers to be completely finished by Thursday. Of this week. Not Thursday 3 weeks from now. I was so happy to see so much progress just in the last 2 days! I'm sure it has nothing to do with the nasty email we sent them 2 days ago...

3-I am grateful for my friend Amy. She is building a house down the street from us. She feels my pain. We walked through both of our houses today and went to lunch. It was so much fun. I love the excitement of building a house and I love having a friend who wants to share that excitement with me. We are probably going to be in our houses around the same time, so it will be super fun! I'm pretty sure we'll be in the same ward so that is good news, especially for our husbands who are BFF's. :)

No comments: