Monday, October 15, 2012

Gratitude Post #55

1-I am grateful that I didn't die while exercising this morning. It was a close call. My heart was beating in my face. It was bizarre. That's what happens when you skip it for a few weeks and try to jump right back in. I did do a lousy 3.8 miles in 30 minutes...which really wasn't THAT lousy but it sure felt that way. :)

2-I am grateful for motivation to exercise. Even if it comes from an 84-year-old great aunt. Watching her jump up out of her chair at a family party to help other people was amazing. She even spanked her 40-something-year-old niece on the bum for trying to take a broom and dustpan away from her. She also got after me for cleaning up a broken glass with my bare hands. I couldn't stop laughing. That is totally what I want to be like when I'm 84. I don't want to need help. I want to be the funny old lady who helps other people and spanks them on the bum if they don't listen. :)

3-I am grateful for smiley faces. :) I use them WAAAYYYY too often but I just really don't care. I use them to express my joy, I use them to make sure people know I'm kidding, I use them the way I would use a "sarcasm" font if one existed...and I just use them when I'm writing to people I love. I use them in my kids' journals constantly. They will probably think it's super weird when they're older and they read them. If I ever stop using them you should be very afraid...



:)

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I like #3. According to Sage adults should not do "LOL" or :)
I totally disagree with her :) :) :)