Saturday, October 13, 2012

Gratitude Post #52 & 53

1-I am so grateful. I don't even know where to start. Last night I couldn't even write a post. I was way too ornery. No one would have wanted to read what I would have had to say. :) I am super grateful for a husband who listened to me vent for a solid hour and threw in his own venting with me. I love that he is so patient with me and even though "conversation" is his least favorite thing on the planet, he still has one with me from time to time. Ha ha ha. Anyways, chatting with him last night before bed really helped me get over every thing that was bugging me: mostly framers that went elk hunting and never came back to finish our house and a builder who gives us 0% communication about EVERYTHING. Then add the rest of the little stresses in my life on top of that AND a hormone shot I had the other day to get prepared for a little "female procedure" and I was quite a mess. I am also grateful for kids who accept my apologies time after time. I'm sure they think I'm crazy!

2-I am so grateful for the amazing day we had today!! First we were able to go to the temple with Chris' family. His aunt and uncle were going for the first time and having their kids sealed to them. On top of that awesomeness, his 84-year-old great aunt went for the first time (well, technically she went once about 60 years ago and never went back). She also had her bishop flown up from California to go through for her husband that passed away 3 or so years ago...AND she had her son sealed to them by proxy that passed away as a teenager. It was the most emotional I have been since...well, ever. I tried so hard to control my emotions but I just couldn't. Once those kids came in to be sealed to their parents I couldn't help it. I think I even snorted a few times trying to hold in my sobs. All I could think about was how happy Chris' Great Grandma Hinkle must be with her daughter and her grandson both going to the temple on the same day and doing such amazing things for their families! Grandma Hinkle was so amazing and such a special person to me. She was really into genealogy so I am sure she was just waiting to check those things off her list. :) We also went to my niece's baptism today and the amazing feeling we had that morning just carried right over.

3-I am so grateful that my brother Cory's wife and baby are doing ok after a scary delivery today. I didn't know what was going on but when my Dad got home from the hospital tonight he said, "Well, we almost lost him, but he's going to be ok." Gee, thanks Dad for sugar coating it. :) Poor, poor Katie! It is her first time and that's a lot of drama to endure. I'm glad I felt like I should put her name on the prayer roll at the temple this morning. I believe in that 100%.

4-I also believe in miracles...big and small. Chris' Mom had another surgery on Thursday. They told her to plan on spending 4 days in the hospital, 2 of them in the ICU. Imagine our surprise when she came walking into the temple today...2 days after surgery! They released her this morning, she ran home and got dressed and drove herself to the temple. I mean, she probably shouldn't have done that, but she would have been SO sad to miss that today! I am grateful that the tumor on her pituitary gland is, in fact, NOT cancerous! She has had a rough few months and it was nice to see it come to a happy conclusion!

5-I am grateful for my family. We had a really great time today! There was no drama, no hurt feelings, almost no fighting amongst the children...it was a good day. I have 6 brothers and no sisters. It's kind of a hard place to fit in. Sometimes my family makes me crazy. However, they are always supportive. Not everyone can say that. I love that I can count on all of them for anything.

6-I am grateful for my new sister-in-law Laurie. We had some good laughs today (apparently we are both afraid of mice) and she is so much fun to be around. She married my brother Kevin in June. He lived here for a little bit before the wedding and we got to be really good friends when we were "roomies". Today he moved the last of his stuff out since they're place is finally ready (don't worry...I'm not jealous at all...) and it was kind of sad. Although, the best part was when Laurie found the box of Kevin's wedding pictures with his first wife. I wasn't sure how she was going to react, but she picked one up and joked about hanging it in their living room. It was hysterical!

7-I am REALLY grateful that blogger automatically saves everything. I got to the end of #6 and accidentally erased it all. Luckily I found the "undo" button and it was all still there!! Yay for that!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for all the things that make you grateful! Isn't this a great "getting to know you" way to post? I'm learning so much about my friend Kim who I've known for 5 years and used to lived by but never really knew!

I love you. I love reading about what you are grateful for and I love that you are STILL doing these posts!