1-I am grateful that I have written 40 gratitude posts. I was honestly excited when I wrote my 2nd gratitude post. 40 sure feels like a lot. I am proud of myself for writing them even when I didn't feel like it. I am (mostly) happy with what I've written. Some posts seem repetitive and some seem like silly things to be grateful for...but I am grateful for the way I feel when I write down what I'm grateful for. Especially when I have to dig deep.
2-I am grateful for blog comments. My friend Desiree makes my day (repeatedly, I might add) by leaving me comments! Not that she is the only one who has left comments...but she leaves them a lot. :) I am grateful for all of my commenters and readers. Even though I do this for myself, I love knowing that someone else enjoyed it too. Now don't go feeling like you have to leave a comment...it's ok to be a blog stalker, I do it too...but I just really love when someone goes out of their way to leave a comment. :)
3-I am grateful for my relationship with Chris. Today at church we had a lesson on positive communication. We got a 4 page outline of things to work on. Chris and I giggled at some of it and joked about being able to check it off our list. We have a pretty awesome relationship. Now it may not be perfect, but I think it's pretty darn close. We have great communication, we generally have similar opinions and views on most everything and we just plain get along and enjoy each other. Once upon a time we did Amway together. We got teased about it and we were really terrible about the selling/recruiting part. However, there was another side to it that most people didn't see...it involved taking relationship courses, going to motivational seminars (that didn't just include business related motivation, but whole life motivation), reading books about being successful in all areas of your life (especially in relationships), and learning to work together in all areas of life (business and personal). We really became best friends. We really learned to help each other. We really spent a lot of money and hardly made any in return. But, it was a darn good investment! :) Now, don't be alarmed. I know we have to continually work at it. But we are good at that too. (Not to brag or anything...) We go somewhere once a year without kids. We go somewhere once a year with kids. We try to go on a date once a week. Sometimes our dates are awesome. Sometimes we get take out and rent a movie. Sometimes we just stay up late and watch t.v. Sometimes we take one or two of the kids with us. Sometimes we take friends or family with us. But, all that matters is that we're good at making time for each other. Which is hard to do with so many kids who are busy too...but it's also easier to do now that we have kids old enough to babysit! Such a happy day when that happened!
We Moved
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment