Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gratitude Post #18

1-I'm grateful Ryan was sick yesterday. Weird, right? Well, he texted me from school in the morning saying he had a stomach ache. I'm not sure if it was "check out worthy", but I went and got him anyways. He went with me to take Sophey to her first day of dance and was so cute to her! Then, he went with me to the grocery store where he talked me into buying a ridiculous amount of donuts. After that, he convinced me to hit the Wendy's drive thru for 2 cheeseburgers. Sounds to me like he was pretty sick indeed. :) I don't care. I have been missing him and I have been so worried about him. I loved spending the morning with him! Plus, I love that Ry and Tay have texting on their phones now (Ry has had a phone for a while but we just put texting on it and Tay just got a new phone for his birthday). I love when they send me random texts, it seriously makes my day. :)

2-I'm grateful that I get to stay home. Even when some days I'd rather not be here. :) I love being able to take my kids to dance and baseball and everywhere else. I would hate to have to pay someone else to do it for me. Also, it feels so good when my kids call and ask me to come and get them and I can just say "yes". I don't have to say, "I'll come and get you on my lunch break" or "let me ask my boss." I know not everyone can (or wants to) do that, but I am super grateful that I can!

3- I am grateful that Katey has a new friend! Moving was probably the hardest on her and she asked me multiple times a day to drive her out to play with her old friends. On the first day of school this cute little girl befriended her and they have been glued together since. It is so nice that she only lives 5 minutes away and her Mom is willing to do at least half of the driving. :) They go everywhere together and have so much fun! It will be sad for them when we move! I am grateful for Katey and for the amazing kid she is turning into. I feel like she finally "turned a corner" and is more helpful and happy and less selfish and grumpy lately. It is so nice! It's hard not having a sister close to her age (until recently she told me Sophey doesn't count because she's too young), I can totally relate to that...but I feel like she's finding her place now.

No comments: