Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Gratitude Post #25

1-I am grateful that I'm not white trash. For real. Mase and I went to the State Fair for his 3rd grade field trip today. At times I felt like the only non-white trash person there. Besides his teacher and maybe 3 other moms on the field trip I think I actually was. It would suck to be born into it. My brother says they're "breedin' 'em for failure." Sad, but true. I am also grateful that I didn't lose any kids in my group. I swear there were so many predators/pedophiles lurking around waiting for little field trip kids to get lost. That place gives me the creeps. Carnies and all.

2-I am grateful that Mase and I got to visit his old early intervention preschool teacher today. He rode the bus to Bluffdale for e.i. preschool and had the best teacher ever. Turns out she's still there! :) We stopped by to see her after his field trip and she totally remembered us. She is amazing! Mase absolutely loved seeing her and his old classroom. He told me it was the best part of his day. :) I am so super grateful for early intervention. It did wonders for Mason! I am so proud of him. It was fun visiting and reminiscing about the good old days...and talking about how far he's come.

3-I am grateful for my Mom helping me with my little kids today. It's hard not having my own house to have someone come and babysit at...and it's hard not living by friends that I can take my kids to. I try not to take advantage of her but sometimes I don't have a choice. She is really great to help me out when I'm in a bind. I'm glad she did too, I would have been so sad not to go with Mase today! He really did great and would have been fine without me, but there were some major issues with people popping balloons by him and I was glad I was there to calm him down. He is more terrified of popping balloons than he is of fireworks. Generally I think he is so "normal" but all you have to do is pop a balloon or light a firework within miles of him and he'll give you a nice little reminder that he still struggles sometimes.

4-I'm grateful for Mason's teacher. She is amazing. I will be really sad when we move and she's not his teacher anymore. I got to see her interact with the kids on the field trip today and I learned that she really is just as fantastic as I thought. Apparently they had a loud assembly at school a few weeks ago and she let Mason go read in the library because she could tell it was bothering him. This was when she barely knew him. I love sending him to school knowing he'll be in good hands. Especially because kids are mean. Some kids were making fun of him on the bus when he was crying about the balloon popping. It broke my heart. I'm sure that will get worse before it gets better. Luckily he doesn't notice things like that. But I noticed. And it made me sad.

No comments: