1-I am grateful for fall. Yes, I know it is still hot outside...but you can't deny that the weather is cooling off a bit. There is a fall breeze blowing, even when it's 80+ degrees outside. You know what that means???? Fall recipes. I love food. I love it most in the fall. I have several cans of pumpkin just waiting to be opened! I can hardly stand it!! I saw a sign at Kneader's saying "Pumpkin bread is here" and I got a little misty eyed! Fall also means I get a break from birthdays for a while. We have a birthday in January, February, March, May, June, July, August and September around here. I always love Sept. 2nd because that is Taylor's birthday. It also means the end of "birthday season" and the start of fall in my book! Here comes those 10 pounds I've been wanting to gain back. *sigh
2-I am grateful for exercise. Which is funny because I've been REALLY bad about it lately. I didn't have time for it before, during or after my trip. Which means I haven't been on my elliptical in 3-4 weeks. Blah. Have I mentioned how much I love to eat?? Well, I do. A lot. Which means I have had to learn to love exercising. I didn't think it was possible actually...but it turns out that as much as I hate actual exercise, I love the way it makes me feel. It is very empowering to push yourself beyond your limits...even if it is just so you can eat an extra treat (or two or three or twelve) that day. :)
3-I am grateful for baseball. I love watching my boys play baseball! Basketball is great too, but there's just something about being at the ballpark with filthy children, chatting up old friends, getting treats from the snack shack, with a gentle breeze blowing and the sun going down...ah, I just love it. I really loved running into one of my favorite people there last night and having a chance to chat for a minute. Seriously, so great.
4-I am grateful for dance. Sophey starts her first ballet/tap class today! I am so excited to watch her dance! :) I love watching Katey dance too! It seriously does my heart good to have some dance mixed in with all of that baseball! I love that my kids have opportunities to do such fun things with some great coaches/teachers! They are turning into such great kids and it is so fun to watch them do the things they love (or hate in some cases). Ha ha ha.
We Moved
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment