1-I am grateful for the individual relationships I have with my kids. Last night I got after Ry and Tay for being sassy and rude. I believe I called them jerks. Which was very appropriate. Today they were totally different. Ryan asked to go with me to pick up some pizza, which wasn't unusual...until he turned off the radio and just started opening up to me. Not anything major, but he talked for 20 minutes about school. If you know Ryan's story about school so far this year, you know he has a lot to talk about. The trouble is that he hasn't told me anything about school. At all. Every time I ask about school he just gets ornery with me. But, he even told Chris over the phone tonight that he is really liking it and has made a bunch of friends. I am so happy that he is happy, and that he likes school, and that he decided to start talking again. :) Taylor also changed his attitude today and warmed back up to me after being cold and rude. He talked about his frustrations with his baseball team and missing his friends from his old school and not having a lot of friends at his new school. As much as I hate hearing that they're unhappy, I love when they talk to me. Especially because they are 12 and 13. I hope they keep talking to me for years to come. :) I am also grateful that Katey is warming up to me after being cold to me for years. And that is NOT an exaggeration! I think this move has been really good for everyone. I don't know why my kids are JUST NOW realizing that I'm not that bad. Ha ha. Maybe it's because of my gratitude posts. Maybe it is making me a better, nicer mother. Perhaps I'll keep doing them as an experiment. :) Oh, and I should probably also mention how much I loved it when Mase would hold my hand during his fieldtrip. Whenever he got nervous he would reach out and grab my hand. I loved it more than I can express. I love that my kids are not outgrowing me. Isn't that every mother's deepest fear?
2-I am grateful that Chris is coming home tomorrow. I'm grateful for my relationship with him. He is the best. He may not be perfect, but he is the perfect person for me. I'm really lucky. :) I'm also grateful that he doesn't get mad. I bought a lot of crap from an online yard sale today. He doesn't know yet. Hopefully he won't mind because I can't return it. I'm sure he'll be as thrilled as I am! Ha ha. And just FYI, I am not trying to suck up to him. He doesn't read my blog. I don't think he even knows I started blogging again...perhaps I should tell him...
3-I'm grateful that I found a new scrapbook store. I feel kind of lost without Robert's. But I found a new store that carries a lot of the same things Robert's did. They even have the binders I have been searching for. Not in every color I need, but the lady said they were placing an order for all of the colors they could get in the next few weeks. Here's hoping they can get navy, sage, light pink and lavendar. Because I already got hunter green and country blue. My cute shelves full of books just won't look the same with mismatched binders. :)
We Moved
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment