1-I am grateful for Chris' extended family. They are so much fun! Last night we went up to the Heber campground (I don't know what it's called, it's the cabins where the young women go to girl's camp...)for a family reunion. It was seriously SO much work to pack everything for 8 people to go for less than 24 hours. I was debating if we should even go...considering I haven't officially finished UNpacking from our trip! I had to borrow sleeping bags and mattresses from 2 different friends and my car was so overloaded it looked like we were going for a week! Yesterday I ran to Walmart for some supplies and then baked a few things to take up there and hurried and packed everything so we could go. It was pouring rain all afternoon. Every time I would go outside to load the car the rain would pick up. When it died down I would run out and try again. Then the rain would start pouring again. This happened several times. I ended up backing my car into the opening of the garage so that when I raised the back hatch it blocked most of the rain. Our sleeping bags were wet before we even got there. I debated several times about not going. But I'm so glad I did. I love Chris' family so much. They are so much fun to chat and joke and tell stories with. They even listened to me complain about how much work it was and thanked me for coming in spite of my orneriness. :)
2-I am grateful to be home and so looking forward to sleeping tonight! Katey and her cousin kept everyone in our cabin up SUPER late with their intermittent giggling, wiggling and chatting. Then they were up at 6 a.m. & WOULD NOT shut up and go back to sleep. Add that to the snoring, the noisy air mattress I was on, the noisy air mattress Chris was on in the bunk above me, Sophey's elbow in my back, having to pee for half of the night and being too tired to do anything about it, and the massive thunderstorm...and I'm more tired than you can imagine. My bed is seriously calling my name and it's only 3:30. I am fighting the urge to go to bed now and not wake up til morning.
3-I am grateful that my kids have fun cousins on both sides of our family. If I would have decided not to go my kids never would have forgiven me. They have so much fun with their cousins and have been known to choose hanging out with cousins over hanging out with friends. It's a win/win/win. :) I love hanging out with Chris' Grandma, aunts and cousins...he loves hanging out with his cousins and uncles and each one of our kids has a cousin that they love to be with also! Even though it was so much work and we slept crappy and the weather didn't cooperate much I'm glad we went. It was so fun to watch them together and to create some fun memories!
4-I am grateful for Onstar! I know that's lame, but the phone in my car was the only one that worked up there and I was able to call Chris' sister to make sure she wasn't lost without having to drive down the mountain. I also love the peace of mind knowing I can get emergency help anytime anywhere with it. Totally worth 15 bucks a month in my book.
We Moved
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment