Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gratitude Post #32

1-I am grateful for field trips. It's such a nice break from the normal routine. It's really more of a playdate for me than my kids, I'll be honest. It was lovely catching up with old friends at the park this morning during Sophey's preschool field trip. I love things out of the ordinary in my day...good things out of the ordinary that is. :)

2-I am grateful for lunch with friends. For a lot of the same reasons as #1, but I also reeeeaaaallllyyyyy hate making lunch for myself. I love going to lunch and having someone else make me something yummy. I love going out to lunch even more than going out to dinner. Mostly because I don't mind making dinner (or anything really) for more than just myself. But, making lunch for myself is boring and slightly painful. Plus, lunch dates are really the only way I stay connected with old friends...or the outside world for that matter...and I went to lunch with some pretty great ladies today. I am super grateful for that.

3-I am grateful that my lunch with friends today led to shopping at Home Goods. Sort of ungrateful that I spent so much money (that I have yet to tell Chris about)...but super grateful that I found the most amazing thing(s)!! I am also grateful that Home Goods has "paid hold". I was in Chris' little car and there was no way that the most amazing entry table and chair would fit in it. So, they let me pay for it and they'll hold it for up to a week until I can go back with my bigger car. I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I have been searching for the perfect little entry table and couldn't find what I was looking for. I walked into Home Goods and it was sitting right there!! I asked about it and the lady told me they got 2 this morning and the other one sold right away. I didn't dare take my chances and just leave it there. :) Hopefully this "paid hold" thing isn't just a scam. It had better be there when I go pick it up or I might just cry. The chair I'm not completely in love with, but it looked so cute with the table that I couldn't resist. I am also grateful that Home Goods has a great return policy. The chair may or may not be coming home with me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you been to the Overstock up by my house? It's on the corner of 8600 South and 1300 East. I got a darling little chair there for my living room desk. But they had a ton of cool area rugs and lamps there too. It's like the DI in that you have to keep checking for what you are looking for. But unlike the DI-everything there is new and in style and smells normal.