Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Gratitude Post #31

1-I am grateful for clean laundry. I do a lot of it for sure. I love when my laundry baskets are empty and my closets and drawers are full of clean clothes! I am also grateful for clean bedding! Doesn't it feel so good to climb into bed with freshly washed sheets?

2-I am grateful to feel like I've got my groove back. I honestly don't mind living with my parents...but it's hard not having my own space and my own routine. My groove seems to come and go and right now it is so back! Yesterday I cleaned, organized and de-junked all of my kids' rooms and the toy room. I found all of the missing dvd's and video games. I seperated our crap from my Mom's crap. I washed all of our bedding and made everyone's beds. (When their rooms get totally trashed it's hard to justify climbing over the mess to make their beds.) :) I found missing clothes and toys and lots of garbage. :) I know it will only last a day or two, but I'm grateful to feel like less of a slob. I also made it to Smith's and Sam's this week. After not grocery shopping in quite a while, it felt really good.

3-I am grateful that our house is making progress. Even if it's only little bits at a time. We moved into my parents house May 19th. We hoped to be in our new house by now. But, we also knew it would likely take longer than we planned. We have been here exactly 4 months. We hoped to be here 4, maybe 5 months at the most. We will probably be here for another 2. It is reassuring every time I drive by my house and see someone working on it. We are going to our storage unit on Saturday to dig out our winter clothes. I tried to leave them at the front of our storage unit because I was afraid we'd need them before we moved in. Somehow they didn't get left at the front. They are somewhere near the front, but we're going to have to do some digging. :)

No comments: