1-I am grateful for the priesthood. Pretty sure I've already said that here, but I just wanted to say it again. :) Yesterday Taylor got ordained as a deacon. The cute bishop in my parents' ward asked him to share his testimony with his class afterwards. It was so cute. He is such a good boy and I am so proud of him. I am so grateful to have such awesome boys that can hold the priesthood!
2-I am grateful for insurance. Which is not really what I want to say, but I am grateful to have it. Even if our new insurance just kicked me out of all of the places I love! We can't go to IHC doctors or hospitals. We can't go to our dentistst! Luckily my kids can still go to their awesome pediatrician! I am SUPER grateful for that! But I am super bummed they can't go to their pediatric dentist that I absolutely love!! My dentist and primary care doc aren't a big deal but I am heartbroken that I can't go to my favorite OB/GYN anymore! Not to mention I had an appt. scheduled with him today that I have to cancel...which was supposed to be a pre-op for an ablasion that I was SUPER excited to have next week! I have to cancel both. And find a new OB/GYN. Which I super triple hate. Blah. But this is supposed to be a gratitude post. So, I am grateful to have insurance at least. And good, cheap insurance at that. And I am super grateful for Chris' new job! It is going to be amazing for us, which will outweigh my disappointment with the insurance. Eventually. :)
3-I am grateful for naps. I NEVER take naps. I would like to take naps more often but it just doesn't happen. Yesterday I took a 3 hour nap. I feel like a new person. I have been SO tired lately and felt like I still hadn't recovered from my trip...or camping...or Taylor's birthday...or my kids being off track and bored for 3 weeks. On Saturday I struggled to keep my eyes open all day long. Then I had to be up extra early on Sunday. By Sunday afternoon I was exhausted beyond belief. So, when Sophey invited me to lay on her bed and watch a movie with her I couldn't resist. We both crashed. It felt great. :) I should probably mention that Sophey's bed is really my bed that we brought to my parents for the girls to sleep on. It was heavenly.
4-I am grateful for my calling. Even if it's weird that we've been living with my parents for 3 months and the bishop knows that we'll be moving out in the next 2 months and they decided to give us callings yesterday. I was worried it would be nursery (which I normally wouldn't mind, but we JUST got Sophey going without crying AGAIN). I was relieved that it was teaching primary with Chris. It is actually a super fun calling (unless you get left in there for 3-4 years...then it's not so fun). I love being in primary once in a while to check on my kids and see how naughty they are! :) It's also weird that they don't want us to start teaching for a few weeks. By the time we start teaching our little sunbeam class, we'll be getting ready to move. Seems like a lot of change for those little kiddos, but oh well.
5-I am grateful for mouse traps. Not the game. The actual inhumane mouse traps. We had 2 mice in my parents house over the weekend and we caught them both this morning. Sneaky little buggers! Which leads me to my next point...
6-I am grateful for Clorox wipes. The thought of mice being in my living space totally freaks me out! I know of a guy my age that just recently died from the Hanta Virus! I will be Cloroxing everything in sight for the next month. :)
We Moved
5 years ago
1 comment:
Let me know if you find a good OBGYN please. Mine left last spring to go on a mission with his wife so I haven't been to the gyno since I went for birth control when Easton was 6 weeks old. I've been putting it off because our insurance has changed twice since I had Easton and now I can't go to the same office I used to under our new insurance. Needless to say, I'm not too eager to find someone new to go pokin' around down there.
Post a Comment