1-I am grateful for homemade Cafe Rio. My sister-in-law Brooke sent me some recipes a while ago. Rice, beans, shredded pork, cilantro dressing...some of the best recipes ever. I have made them religiously ever since. I made a big batch yesterday and we have eaten it several times since. It always makes me happy. I mean, it's a lot of work to make it all...but it's so worth not having to cook for days afterwards! :)
2-I am grateful for Spaghetti Factory! I love it. I even had my birthday party there in 5th grade. I'm also grateful it's just far enough away that we only go there for special occasions, but close enough that we can. We went there for lunch today for Taylor's birthday. Mizithra cheese and browned butter have a special place in my heart. So does Taylor. Only he could drag his birthday out for 3 weeks. He might have learned that from me, but I'm not sure. *wink*
3-I am grateful for late start Fridays. I know working parents hate it, but it is my saving grace. I don't really do mornings. Getting up at 6:45 a.m. with Ry is killing me. I love to sleep. A lot. And I hate waking up to an alarm. A lot. So, getting up early Sunday thru Thursday is hard for me. But the jr. high starts 2 hours later on Fridays! Which means I set my alarm for 8:45, not 6:45! Which you probably think is pathetic...the fact that I have to set my alarm to make sure I'm up by 8:45...but my other kids are off track...so I would sleep all day if I didn't set my alarm...so there. I love sleeping in. I hardly ever get to anymore. And I love it. Did I mention that? :)
P.S. 4 of my kids go back "on track" on Monday. I'm sure there will be a gratitude post about that. Minus the part about not getting to sleep in on late start Fridays anymore. I'll be up at 8 either way. Which is still better than 6:45. :)
We Moved
5 years ago
1 comment:
I too, am grateful for those homemade Cafe Rio recipes. I remember, after I had lunch at your house that day I CRAVED that salad everyday for about a month. After you gave me the recipe I probably made that stuff once a week. My family got so sick of Cafe Rio salads. It's been a few months-I need so make them again. And WE need to get together for lunch again:)
Post a Comment