Friday, November 23, 2012

Gratitude Post #91

1-I am grateful for Black Friday! I have not been to a crazy Black Friday sale in 10 years. Last time I went Katey was a baby and I swore I'd never do it again! The last couple of years I had planned on going, but changed my mind at the last minute. This year I was debating but decided to go at the last minute. I think Walmart starting their sale at 8 p.m. made all the difference in the world to me. It's so hard to want to go in the middle of the night! I had butterflies in my tummy on the way there and kept thinking I should just go home...but I'm glad I stayed. I nearly got trampled, but I got the xbox games and blu ray movies I was after! Then I thought I'd try Target's 9 p.m. sale. It was hardly worth it. The line was a mile long just to get in and then even longer to check out. Although I did get an awesome king size blanket for $10, a blu ray player and some video games...but that was enough for me. I was home and in bed by 11 p.m. Today I dragged Chris to Costco and Sports Authority with me. He was such a good sport and we had a great time! I am happy to report that I am DONE shopping!! Now I get to wrap...

2-I am grateful for this fun, long, family-filled weekend! This afternoon we took the kids to Wreck It Ralph, came home and had dinner and then baked some cupcakes and rented Santa Paws (Katey's persistent request). I love when we just hang out and everyone enjoys each other. :) Half way through the movie Ryan leaned over and said, "Will you make me a cake when we get home? This movie is making me hungry." So, being the awesome mom that I am, I made cupcakes right after dinner. I am grateful to be the best mom ever. *)

3-I am grateful for the new Our Best Bites cookbook! It has 2 whole pages of frosting recipes. In general I am grateful for good recipes! I am super grateful for Jamiecooksitup also! Between the 2 of them I can find any recipe I need and/or inspiration to make something. I get so many compliments when I use their recipes and it's always easy and satisfying. Nothing is worse than slaving over something in the kitchen to have it be gross. That doesn't happen with OBB and Jamie! They are my idols. :)

No comments: