Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitude Post #73

1-I am grateful that Ryan got to go back to his school today!! He was such a good sport about going to a new jr. high for one lousy quarter. It was such a great day when he went back to FHMS today! We waited in the counseling center this morning before the bell rang to get him all registered. Several of his friends saw us through the window and came RUNNING in to hug Ry and check his schedule! He was so happy to find out that he had several friends in his classes (much better than last year)! He is so happy and so am I! He has such a great group of friends and I am glad he's back with them too! I love that my kids all have good friends who are also a good influence on them. :)

2-I am grateful for the new road, for the low speed limit and for the fact that it wasn't pitch black at 7:00 this morning! 45 mph seems a little slow for that back road, but I literally came inches away from hitting a huge deer in the dark the other night. Had I been going any faster or not paying attention I would have killed it (and damaged my car pretty badly). It was a big buck and it just came mosey-ing on out into the road. I had to brake and swerve in order to barely miss it. It was 11 p.m. on Saturday and that back road gets DARK. It made me nervous for driving Ryan out to school early in the morning on that road. Luckily it was Daylight Savings on Sunday and so it was nice and light this morning. Normally I hate Daylight Savings, but in this instance I really am grateful for it! Also, I would like to point out that I have saved several cars from getting tickets on that road. There is always a cop and a speed trap in the gully, just as you come down the hill. There is always a car riding my tail at that spot too. Honestly they could just go around me, but they like to tailgate me instead. I'm sure they are irritated with me until they see the cop and then they back off quite a bit...almost in appreciation. :) Chris was joking that I should start charging a fee for saving them from a ticket...

3-I am grateful for medicine. My poor little Hayden is sick. He came into my room wheezing and coughing at 3 a.m. I kept him  home from school and he was really fine all day long...until about 4 p.m. when it came back. He is in a "medicine bubble" bath now and he'll be getting some chest rub, cough medicine and a puff of an inhaler before bed. I wish I had my humidifier here, I may have to go buy a new one...

No comments: