Saturday, November 10, 2012

Gratitude Post #77

1-I am grateful for this blog. It forces me to think EVERY NIGHT about what I'm grateful for. I'm grateful that on nights (like tonight) when I'm super tired that I can still come up with 3 things I'm grateful for. Some nights (like tonight) it's a bit of a stretch. I didn't do anything particularly exciting today that I care to write about...I didn't have any earth shattering moments where I realized how grateful I am for something in particular...I honestly can't think of 3 things I haven't already written about...so I am just grateful for feeling grateful, even if it's about nothing...

2-Since this is #77 and I was born in '77 I am going to say that I'm grateful I was born. I actually do say in my prayers that I'm thankful for my life. Is that lame? Well, I am. I am grateful that I was born, that I didn't have a terribly traumatic childhood, that I have a good family, that I married an awesome guy, that I made some good choices along the way to make marrying him in the temple possible, that we decided to start our family right away, that we made some good decisions about school, careers, etc. (and some not-so-good-decisions that we learned from), and that we're just plain in a good place right now. I don't think I deserve any credit. This is certainly not about how great I think I am...some days I'd much rather be someone else...but I am grateful to be me for the most part. A few years ago I could have never written a post like this actually. But, I am grateful for where I'm at in my life as of right now. Even if I live with my parents. :)

3-I am grateful for hair appointments! It always makes me happy to see a hair appointment on my calendar. I got my hair done today and I LOVE the way it makes me feel. It is worth every penny! I love the new girl I'm going to! I miss going to Chris' cousin who just had a baby and I was sad to have to find someone new, but I loved my first appointment with my friend Holly!

No comments: