Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Gratitude Post #74

1-I am grateful that today is election day! I am not much of a voter, but I am grateful for my right to vote...and my right not to vote if I don't want to. I honestly can't wait for it to be over. No more ads on tv, no more facebook drama with obnoxious people who are obsessed with voting, no more listening to people talk about politics in general (well, on such a large scale anyways). I hope Mitt wins, and I didn't feel the need to vote because he's obviously won in Utah...but I think he would do a great job. Although, let's face it...the problems in our country are too much for one person to handle and make a difference with in 4 years...so it probably doesn't really matter at all...

2-I am grateful for the ghetto fabulous yard sale Christmas I'm planning! I never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth! I have found some amazing things and instead of my kids JUST getting one big thing, I have been able to find all of the things they want used or on sale for the price of just one thing. Ipod touches are ridiculously expensive! I don't personally see a need for them, especially for anyone under 12, but that is all they want...well, almost all they want. I was even able to score something for Katey for free from the yard sale today. Howd'ya like them apples??

3-I am grateful for bacon. Especially on donuts at the gas station. Because it doesn't take much to make me happy. Also, I am grateful for gas stations in general. Even though gas is so expensive, it's so nice to have a gas station nearby when the low fuel light comes on. And, as an added bonus...a gas station with diet dr. pepper PLUS the cherry and vanilla syrups made my day. And I am grateful. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Your post just made me grateful that I don't have TV and am no longer on Facebook. I am so ready for this election to be over and I haven't even had to deal with the Facebook drama (I'm pretty sure we are referring to some of the same people;)) or be bombarded by ad campaigns. I can't believe how into it my kids were this year! They have been talking about this election for DAYS now and have even been having their own little debates about who they think should be president! It will be nice when they just go back to debating about Phineas and Ferb...

Dunn Family said...

Ok, really bacon ON donuts? That just sounds so gross! I'll take your word for it that they are good :)