Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gratitude Post #79

1-I am grateful for nail clippers. Can you even imagine life without them? I can't. But, I also cut 60 fingernails every week PLUS 60 toenails every other week...PLUS my own 20 nails when I get around to it. Enough said...?

2-I am grateful for appliances that make my life easy. Like a washer and dryer. For the amount of laundry I do, I'd be doing it all day and all night by hand if I didn't have a washer and dryer.

3-I am grateful for my girls. I mean, I LOVE being a Mom to boys...but I am grateful that I have girls too! I am grateful that I got two of them AND that they are 7 years apart. They simply don't have anything to fight over and for that I am extra grateful. Sophey is my sweet little snuggler...partly because she's 3, but partly because that is just how sweet her little personality is. Katey, on the other hand, is a little sassier than Soph. And she hates me 99% of the time. She was going to run away on Friday, but today she didn't hate me. She even asked me to do a bunch of tiny braids in her hair (which is funny that she actually wanted me to/let me do her hair AND that she didn't cry or get mad ONCE during the entire braiding episode...which took FOREVER!!). My back hurts, her neck hurts and she'll probably want me to undo an hours worth of braiding in the morning...but it was a nice bonding experience and I hope she remembers it the next time she says, "You don't even care about me." We'll see about that. But, I love her and I'm grateful to be her (super mean) Mom. :)

No comments: