Monday, November 19, 2012

Gratitude Post #87 & #88

1-I am grateful for online banking. Even though I just spent an hour trying to figure out where all of my money went (*clears throat*...yard sales, Christmas shopping...), I am so grateful I don't have to wait for a paper statement to come in the mail to figure it all out. (Or an insufficient funds letter in the mail...been there, done that...)

2-I am grateful for Christmas music on the radio 24/7, even though it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. And even though I listened to it with the a/c blasting in the car while eating ice cream (at least it was a "holiday mint" mcflurry), something about it makes me happy and totally in the mood for Christmas. Sorry Thanksgiving, I promise not to overlook you completely.

3-I am grateful for a patient, understanding husband. Seriously, I don't know why I got so lucky. He is so good to me. He could tell I was on the verge of a mental breakdown today so he took me to lunch. Panda Express never tasted so good.

4-I am grateful for Chantel at Hansen Lighting! I know I've written something similar to this before, but I met with her today and she helped me SO much! I seriously would have had a for-real meltdown without her help! She is amazing. She helped me pick out lighting that I LOVE AND stay within my budget! I honestly didn't think it could be done!

5-I am grateful to be to the fun part of building, even if it is the most stressful part. :) We are meeting with the cabinet guy tomorrow and I'm so excited to see what my kitchen is going to look like! Right now it's just sheetrock and it's hard to imagine that it will be pretty some day.

6-I am grateful for patience and coping skills. I have had to dig deep to find them lately but I'm so glad I have them deep down in there somewhere. With 4 of my kids being off track, Ry and Soph still in jr. high and preschool, the crazy building drama, trying to do my Christmas shopping, etc. I feel like I could lose it at any given moment. Today was a close call, but I managed to power through.

No comments: