1-I am grateful that this has become such a habit that I do it even when I don't feel grateful. Right now I'd like to list 3 things I'm NOT grateful for. A crying sick baby in my lap, the fact that our builder told us we won't be in our new house by Christmas, a painter that wants to charge a fortune for changing paint colors in different rooms, etc...but I will try and think of 3 things I'm really grateful for...because I know those are small things compared to everything that I do have to be grateful for.
2-I am grateful that we were forced to stay in jammies and do nothing productive at all today. It was a nice break. I'm not grateful that it was because poor little Soph is sick, but whatdya do? Sometimes we have to get sick to force us to slow down!
3-I am grateful for my parents being excited to have us spend Christmas here. I know the kids will love it too. I am also grateful that we can close at the end of Dec./first of Jan. and delay our mortgage payment that much longer and get Chris' bonus first. It is just frustrating to keep getting pushed back. We honestly thought we'd be in our house before Halloween. Then we had high hopes for Thanksgiving. And we thought absolutely for certain that we'd at least be in by Christmas. Now New Year's is even looking doubtful. Maybe by our anniversary or Chris' b-day at the end of January? Perhaps by Valentine's? We have had our hopes up to spend the last several holidays in our own house, maybe we should just hope for Easter at this point...but I am grateful that things are going smoothly at this point and that we'll eventually have our own house again.
We Moved
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment