Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude Post #84 & #85 & #86

1-I am grateful that I am finally getting back on the computer. I am so completely addicted to my phone and can do almost everything on it that I used to do on the computer. I used to spend HOURS in front of my computer every day. Now I just check things on my phone from time to time. The only thing I can't do on my phone is update my blog. Sometimes by the time I get everyone to bed and finish all of my chores (a regular Cinderella story, right?) I am just too tired to turn on the computer and figure out what to write. So, there goes my hope for having 100 gratitude posts by Thanksgiving, but oh well. Sleep is important too. :)

2-I am grateful for my friends Desiree and Aimee. They are also doing gratitude posts on their blogs. I love to read their blogs every night! Sometimes I get inspiration for what to write about and they always give me the motivation to keep at it.

3-I am grateful for music. My parents ward has an AMAZING ward choir. Seriously, they are like nothing else. The choir director is VERY passionate about leading the music. He acts like he's leading the Boston Pops or something. It is actually hilarious to watch, but they sound SO good. It's hard to not bawl like a baby every time they sing. I don't even know what they sang today, but the choir director played his violin like nobody's business and it was FANTASTIC! I will miss the ward choir (who seems to perform more than most ward choirs) when we move!

4-I am grateful for the primary in my parents ward. They are some seriously nice ladies and they do such a great job. I don't know if I've mentioned our new calling as Mason's primary teachers (which is so bizarre since we'll hopefully be moving soon) but we've been doing it for 3 weeks now. Mase says he hates it and he's counting down until we won't be his teachers anymore...but I think he secretly likes it. Except when we're mean, which is a lot because he can't hold still. Anywho...teaching primary gets old really fast. However, being in sharing time...more specifically singing time...is my favorite thing ever. The primary presidency probably thinks I'm odd because they don't know me, I sit RIGHT in front of them (facing them even) and I cry every time those darn kids sing. I can't help it. I am getting emotional just thinking about how much I loved the music in sacrament and in primary today. Geez.

5-I am grateful for food. I am grateful to have more than we need of it. I can't imagine not being able to feed my family. We eat pretty well around here (too much in some cases...*clears throat* me...) and we bond as a family at meals and while eating treats. My kids are super spoiled. They have no idea what it would be like to be hungry. I'm ok with that kind of spoiled. I hope they never know what it's like to truly be hungry (even though they always think they're starving)!

6-I am grateful that my friend's family is ok. Last Sunday my friend's son turned in his mission papers and then headed out to go deer hunting with some family members. Her husband was in a truck with his dad and a family friend and her son was in the car behind them with some uncles and cousins. The truck hit a patch of ice and rolled twice down into a ravine, all while the people in the car behind them watched. Her son watched his dad roll down the hill. I'm sure he thought the worst, I know I would. The uncles and cousins (and her son) ran to help. They sent her son back to the car to call 911. He slipped on the ice and broke his leg pretty badly. Miraculously, her husband only had a few bruised ribs, a bruise on his face and a slight concussion. The grandpa was doing ok last I heard, but the family friend was not. I haven't asked her in a few days, but it didn't look good for him. Oddly enough, her son's injuries were the second worst out of anyone involved and he had to have major surgery the other day. It is going to delay his mission, but I know they are all just so thankful that they are going to be ok. (The family friend was in his 80's and had multiple internal injuries, so I don't know how well he's going to recover.) I am just so thankful that her family was spared and that things didn't turn out worse. I can't even imagine...

7-I am grateful for shingles! Not the horrible, painful disease...the ones that are on my roof!! We keep making progress and I keep getting my hopes up to be in by Christmas! (Which might not end well...) The painter is scheduled for next Monday! I am meeting the lighting lady tomorrow and the finish work guy AND cabinet guy on Tuesday. We are getting to the really exciting parts, but also the crazy, busy, stressful parts. Good timing with the holidays and all eh?

8-I am grateful for this holiday season. Everyone is so kind, thoughtful, giving, thankful, etc. It sure makes it nice when everyone is sharing what they're thankful for. Feel free to jump on the gratitude bandwagon if you haven't yet. :)

9-I am grateful that Soph is feeling better. She had such a bad cough and fever last week. She missed preschool on Tuesday and dance on Wednesday. She had a hard time sleeping and so of course I did too...for several nights. Which made me not feel so hot the last few days. I am finally feeling better, probably from getting sleep finally.

No comments: