Monday, August 20, 2012

Gratitude Post #9

1-I am grateful for choices. Today felt like a big day full of choices. Mostly about Ryan's school situation. I offered to home school him after leaving yet another message for the jr. high principal (who STILL hasn't called me back). I even went to the jr. high to ask about home schooling. Chris wasn't sold on it, but we decided to give Ryan the choice. We talked extensively about pros and cons and what each situation would entail. Coincidentally, Ryan's jr. high class schedule showed up in the midst of the discussions. He got every class he wanted and that may have helped him with his decision. I told him he could sleep on it and we just have to decide by tomorrow what we're doing. (I'm leaving town and won't be back before school starts.) He told me tonight that he decided to go to South Hills. I am so proud of him. I would have been happy to keep him home, but homeschooling would have been hard to get used to, and for such a short time I don't know that it would be worth it. He is pretty awesome in my book. I probably would have chosen home school over being the new kid for 2 lousy months. :)

2-I am grateful that my good friend, Holli, is being induced in the morning! I can hardly stand it! I am so excited! She is having twins and was on bedrest to try to keep them in as long as possible. Of course, as soon as they took her off bedrest NOTHING happened! She has been so miserable and is SO ready to be done! I was worried she was going to have them when I was out of town! She made me so happy by calling me right after her appointment! I think she called me before she called her mom. :) I can't wait to see those 2 brand new babies in the morning!!

3-I am grateful that I have learned to relax. Well, about some things anyways. :) Sophey is going to her 1st day of preschool tomorrow! You should see the outfit she picked out! There is no way any of my first several children would have been allowed out of the house looking like that, especially on their first day. :) They would have gone to school in tears because I wouldn't let them wear what they really wanted to. I had this same issue with Katey when we had family pictures last Friday. I decided that everyone, no matter how small they are, deserves to feel good in what they're wearing. Even if it's not what I want them to wear. Man, I have come a long way...

No comments: