1-I am grateful that I made it to post #2. There is no stopping me now. I am not even being sarcastic. I was dragging my feet about even getting started, I'm impressed I made it to a 2nd post. :)
2-I am beyond grateful that I got Ryan back into his school where he belongs! When we moved apparently the school district found out and instantly kicked us out of our schools. It was fine for the elementary kids because I planned on moving them anyways. Ryan, however, was a different story. He went to Ft. Herriman for 7th grade and was planning on going there for 8th. We were planning on driving him from my parent's house in Bluffdale every day until our new house is done. But, then I got a letter saying he was registered at South Hills! Imagine the shock and horror for my quiet little teenager! 2 months isn't long enough to make it worth going to a new jr. high, getting 7 new teachers, trying to make new friends, etc...but 2 months is definitely too long to have to eat lunch by yourself because you don't know anyone! I went to the school, filled out a "permit request" form and was then informed (after WEEKS of waiting and calling repeatedly) that my request was denied. Their only reason: the school is too crowded. My question: Is it going to be any less crowded in 2 months when, by law, they HAVE to make room for him (when our house is finished and we live in the boundaries again)? I had to go to the district and complain to get him back in. Good news: it worked! He is a happy little camper. He is SUCH a good boy, he deserves to be happy and to be with his friends. :)
3- I am grateful for Ryan. He made me a mother in the first place. I'll always owe him for that one. :) He just turned 13 (exactly 1 month ago) and hasn't turned into a horrible teenager. He is a good boy. I don't know what I'd do without him! He is calm, patient, caring and responsible. He put Hayden on the bus for me today, he plays with Sophey, he washes dishes and puts away laundry. Tonight he went and tried out for a super league baseball team. Who knows if he'll make it, but if they're smart they'll take him!
We Moved
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment