Sunday, August 19, 2012

Gratitude Post #8

1-I am grateful for my brother Matt. He showed me (in depth) how to use my new phone. I have had quite a bit of fun with it already, thanks to him. He has quite the passion for gadgets and iphones are probably at the top of his list. :) I am also grateful for my brother Cory. We had a pretty funny texting conversation today (since Matt taught us how to text some pretty great emoticons). I love texting 'flaming poop' to my family. It's hysterical. Or at least I think so. Nothing makes me laugh like flaming poop. It instantly turns into conversations that include "Don't put it out with your boots Ted" and "Don't tell me my business devil woman!" What's not to love?

2-I am grateful for Nyquil. I have a horrible cold/sinus thingy coming on and I am really looking forward to some sleep tonight! I am also grateful for Vitamin C. When I went to Costco on Wed. I was feeling pretty awful. I grabbed a ginormous bottle of Vitamin C while I was there and I took some right when I got home. It seems to be helping quite a bit and I swear I notice a difference if I remember to take it or not.

3-I am grateful for church. Even if it's not "our" ward, we feel welcome in my parents ward. Every week someone new goes out of their way to talk to us. Today it was the assistant scout master asking about Ry and Tay, Katey's Activity Days leader telling me how much she loves her, someone telling me to sit by them in Sunday School and some ladies in nursery wanting to get to know me better. Plus, the talks in sacrament meeting were fabulous and so was the Sunday School lesson. (I'm sure Relief Society was too, I love the lady who was teaching...but I was in nursery with Soph.) I'm glad that even though people know we won't be there long, they still make us feel welcome! It is so refreshing!

No comments: