Friday, August 24, 2012

Gratitude Post #11

1-I am grateful to have 5 minutes to sit down and blog. (I am in New York right now! I just spent the last 2 days in Boston too. It is my birthday present from my awesome husband. I am super spoiled. I know it.) We have been going going going like crazy! I can view my blog on my ipad and iphone but I can't write a post. I was super bummed when I realized that. The last 2 nights in Boston we went to Red Sox games and didn't get back to our hotel until after midnight. We have been SUPER tired, but we are having so much fun. I think we are getting old! We can't go sightseeing and walking all day on 5 hours of sleep or less. :) Anyways, I felt bad not doing gratitude posts for days on end so I'm glad to be able to do that tonight!

2-I am grateful to feel like I am always "being watched out for". So many things have gone my way and I have found myself saying little prayers of thanks all day long. Simple things like making it to the airport on time (thanks to my Dad for the ride at 5 a.m.!), having my flight leave on time and even arrive at my destination early, having my plans work out perfectly every day, etc. Today my Mom texted me saying "stay away from the Empire State Building." It turns out there was a shooting there today and people were killed in the crossfire. Had we stuck with our original plan of going to NY and THEN to Boston, I could have very well been there at the time. However, we changed our plans and we will be there tomorrow instead. When I found out about it, I was so grateful and felt like I was being watched over and protected. I don't know if we were truly inspired to change our plans, but I can't help but feel grateful that things worked out that way.

3-I am grateful for finding my wallet!!!! As we were leaving Fenway Park last night after midnight (the game went into extra innings and we stuck it out!) I went to get my subway ticket out of my wallet. I kept digging through my purse and could not find my wallet anywhere. We stopped, emptied out my purse and my stomach sank when I realized my wallet wasn't in there! Everything in there could have been replaced easy enough, but my driver's license was in there and I needed it to get on the bus early this morning for NY. Not to mention needing it to fly home in a few days. I wasn't worried about my credit cards or the little bit of cash I had in it. I was just sick about my license though. There would have been no way to get a new license between midnight and 9 a.m. in Boston! When we realized it was missing we booked it back to the stadium before they closed it and just got back in as the last gate was closing. (In fact, they weren't going to let us in at all. I'm sure they saw the panic on my face when I said I lost my wallet.) We ran up to our seats because I knew the last time I had it was when I got money out for the kettle corn guy. :) I didn't see it at first and I was feeling a little panicky...but then I looked way under my seat and saw it under a bunch of peanut shells. As soon as I saw it buried under peanut shells I knew it was okay because no one had bothered it. I mean, I'd like to think if someone found it they'd just turn it in or leave it alone...but I was relieved when it looked untouched. I prayed so hard all the way back to the stadium. I was so happy when I found it. I am so grateful for prayer...for the little things and the big things. :)

No comments: