Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gratitude Post #12

1-I am grateful, once again, for things that just work out they way I planned. Yesterday we didn't get our wakeup call like we had asked for. We woke up SUPER late. We were so worried that we weren't going to make it in time for something we REALLY wanted to do...the Food on Foot tour. (Not only would we miss our reservation and not be able to reschedule, we would be charged $100.)  We missed the shuttle from the hotel to the subway by about 2 minutes. It added to our panic. However, our meeting place for our tour was closer and easier to find than we thought, so we made it in plenty of time! Looking back I realize that I needed a few extra hours of sleep more than I needed a shower! :) It was one of the most interesting things I've ever done. I am so glad we made it! We also got to use our tour guide's wealth of knowledge to find a great place to eat dinner! It was such a great food day, maybe the best day of eating ever. :)

2-I am grateful for the opportunity to see so many amazing things. I believe Heavenly Father made this amazing world with so much to see and do to prove that he loves us. It is our choice whether or not we want to get out and see it. I am so grateful for Chris' job and for the opportunity it gives us to travel. And whether it is seeing Humpback Whales breeching right next to your boat, the tallest skyscraper with incredible views, or just the diversity of different people and cultures, I feel blessed to be able to see it all. And believe me, we have "seen it all" these last few days. :)

3-I am grateful for my family. I miss my kiddos like crazy and I am so grateful for them. I am also so grateful for my parents and their willingness to watch them for an entire week! Not only have they "supervised" them, they have been going out of their way to entertain them. I am a little worried about how spoiled they have been this last week, I know they are going to expect it to continue when we get home. :)But, my elementary kids are off track and Ryan doesn't start jr. high until Tuesday, so I'm extra grateful that my parents are helping my kids squeeze that last little bit out of their summer vacation!

No comments: