Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!

Ok, so I realize this is my 3rd post about Sophey's b-day...but, I couldn't figure out how to do it all in 1...and in the order I wanted it all. So, I had to do the long posts last nite when I had time to go digging for SO many pictures. But, today is actually Sophey's birthday, so I wanted to write something today.

I remember so many things about 1 year ago today. Mostly feeling relieved that I was done being pregnant (FOREVER) and that she finally made it here healthy and happy. Mostly I remember being SO happy! It is a great feeling, that feeling of completeness. I know Soph was meant to be my baby. I just know it. She is everything I need my baby to be. Sweet, beautiful, fun, etc. I love her SO much! She just makes me happy. I am so sad at how fast she's growing up, but I love each and every new stage she enters. I think I made a mental note in the beginning to just enjoy all of it. Sometimes that's hard, but knowing that she's my last baby makes it easier. :)

I still can't believe it has been a whole year already! Time flies WAY too fast! Sophey has 4 teeth. She crawls fast (so fast that I can't even catch her when she's bookin' it toward something truly fascinating...like an open toilet). She stands on her own for such a long time that I think she forgets no one is holding on to her, then she usually just sits down when she gets tired of standing. She walks holding onto furniture, but only last nite did she take her first real step without someone making her do it and without holding on to someone or something. She sleeps close to 12 hours every night without interruption. She takes 1 really great, long nap every afternoon. She is content to just sit and play, as long as someone else is in the room. She LOVES when her sister and brothers take the time to play with her. She gets the giggles really bad & quite often for a baby. :) She is just a little slice of heaven and I love her so much! Happy Birthday sweet baby!!

No comments: