Sunday, February 14, 2010

Will you be my Valentine?

Ok, so this post is pretty much for Chris...but you can read it if you want to.

This has been my favorite Valentine's Day EVER. Not for any spectacular reason...just because. Maybe it's because it's on a Sunday and we got to use the excuse that "It's Valentine's Day" all weekend long. In fact, it started on Thursday when you brought home roses for me (totally out of the blue). I truly wasn't expecting anything at all. You have spent A LOT of money on me lately AND we are going on several trips in the next few months...and I know how you hate to spend money. It made me so happy! I didn't even have to hint around or sulk for days and then buy my own flowers. :)

On Friday night when I was at Katie's bridal shower, I came home to find out you had made cookies with the kids. Instead of calling me to ask where my recipe was, you just googled it and impressed us all! It was a good reminder of what a great Dad you are and how good you are to me when I am out having fun. You always take such good care of them and you are so good to let me go places without them!

Then, on Saturday I loved going to the boys' basketball games with you and then having a few hours to go run some errands (alone) and buy some clothes (for myself for a change)! Going to dinner with my parents to celebrate your birthday was a nice added bonus. Next time we are SO leaving the kids home! Then maybe we can enjoy it! Speaking of the kids, I love that you coach their sports teams! It is so great to have you involved, even though I hate sitting by myself A LOT, I love having you coach them as much as they do! You are the best...I know it...they know it...you just are!

Today was really nice too. Even though it was hard getting up early for church, it was a good day! :) You are always so great to get up and help me get everyone ready. I always manage to find time to get myself ready because you are out there making the kids breakfast and getting them dressed. It makes my Sunday mornings SO much easier! You are always so great about helping me with anything and everything. I believe I referred to you as my "behind the scenes hero that keeps me from falling apart." It is so true. People ALWAYS ask me "how I do it". Usually they are referring to having 6 kids in general...and I ALWAYS say that I couldn't do it without you! You are the secret to my success in everything I do. Even if it is just getting to church on time. :)

My favorite part of the day was snuggling on the couch and laughing at Sponge Bob. I don't know why. Just because that pretty much sums it all up. In the midst of all of the chaos, we can find time to just lay on the couch together and laugh at Sponge Bob. I don't even know what was so funny. For the life of me I can't remember a single thing we laughed at, I think we were both pretty tired from early church and dealing with Sophey (who was unusually grumpy today). Oh, wait...it was something about his pencil when he was supposed to be writing his 800 word essay on "What not to do at a stoplight". It will come to me, don't worry.

Anyways, I never really took the time to write a letter or card for our Anniversary, or your Birthday or for Valentine's Day...so here ya go. I have been meaning to write you some sort of thank you note ever since I had surgery too...and I haven't. I fell in love with you all over again during those few weeks. I couldn't believe how you attended to my every need AND the kids' MANY needs at the same time. You are amazing. You are my best friend and I am so happy that I found you...and convinced you that you did, in fact, want to marry me. :) I love you!! Will you be my Valentine?

...FOREVER????

1 comment:

IMDAMAN said...

It was a pretty fabulous V-day. It was just fun to hang out and spend time with you. Maybe we were just tired, but Spongebob seemed very funny. I remember at one point looking around and we were the only ones around and yet we continued to watch Spongbob by ourselves. Best cartoon in the past 25 years hands down! Anyway, I wanted to wish you happy V-day also (even if it is Feb 16th and even if it is on a blog of all things). But when I get you flowers 3 days early I get to write you a happy v-day "card" 2 days late. And since it's 6:30 in the morning and I just pulled an all nighter for work, it still feels like last night so I in my mind I'm only 1 day late. So there! Anyway, I wish you the best late vanentines day ever! You are my best friend in the whole world and I love you so much!