Every year (for the last 8 anyways) we have gone to South Towne Mall to see Santa! Usually I am more organized and we go at the beginning of the month...this year we waited til the last minute...and waited in line FOREVER!!!! It was worth it though! I have always loved the Santa at South Towne and I'm pretty sure it was the same one for the last 8 years. Well, this year there is a "new" Santa and I love him even more!! He is the cutest old man! He is so sweet and you can tell how much he loves those kids! Sophey wasn't even afraid of him! She went right up to him and would not get off his lap! She sat there and stared at him forever! You could tell he loved her too! Even Katey (who is usually SUPER nervous about Santa or any other "characters") totally loved him!None of them were too happy about having to go to the mall on a Friday afternoon when they could have been playing (the wii or with friends) instead. They were all good sports about it though...probably because I gave them "the talk" before we left. It went something like..."this is the one thing I'm asking you to do for me...we have done it for 8 years in a row and I don't want to skip it this year...if you don't have a good attitude about it, you won't get any presents..." I don't remember exactly what I said, but it worked! They were all so good! This year I even splurged and got the big package of prints PLUS the "computer sticky thingy" with all of the images on it. I usually just have the photographer take 1 group shot & I sneak one with my camera over her shoulder (which ALWAYS turns out crappy) & then just buy the cheapest package there is. But, I told her if she took individual pictures too that I would buy the big package. It was definitely worth it!! :)






5 comments:
He looks like a nice Santa..in fact he could be the REAL deal! Call me crazy, but I was not a fan of the old Santa and his clothes were the worst!!
Kim, I agree. I think he IS the real Santa! I mean, look at his eyes...they're a giveaway! :)
I LOVED this santa. so sweet. he even talked to my kids about how Christmas isn't about getting presents, but it's about the birth of Jesus. I wanted to sit on his lap along with the kids. I hope he comes every year.
Dearest Kim and Katie, thank you for reading my blog. I believe you are the only 2 people on the face of the earth...besides me, of course! :)
Post a Comment