Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

So, we spent several days celebrating Halloween this year! Because it fell on a Sunday that meant parties at school on Friday, trick-or-treating on Saturday and fun things like Thriller and a preschool party throughout the week! P.S. This and the next few posts are out of order...oops! Just realized that as I'm typing. Oh well...at least I'm blogging, right? :)
****
This is how Friday morning started out...after the parade (which I don't have pics of because I had my video camera out trying to catch my kids as they ran by) ...I stopped by the kids' classes to try and get a picture of them. Here is Ry at recess in his hobo costume (which consisted of borrowed bits and pieces from neighbors and MY jeans...which he kept calling "HUGE" much to my disappointment).


This is the end of Tay's 4th grade Halloween program! I had the video camera out while they were singing and as soon as I got my regular camera out they were leaving. As soon as I went to take a picture, he turned the other way (not even on purpose...this is Taylor, not Ryan we're talking about)! Sounds about right either way. :)


Isn't his boxer costume awesome? We put "bruise tattoos" on him and they looked so real!

We stopped by Mason's 1st grade party to take a quick picture, but I couldn't stay. I had a classroom full of 3rd graders waiting for a party! :)


I am the room parent for Katey's class, so I got to throw her a party! :) This is her not wanting me to take her picture while she's "bowling for ghosts"!


(I snuck another one anyways)


She didn't like getting her picture taken with me, but her teacher (and I) insisted! :)

We decided to run to Grandma Pat's for dinner and so we threw our costumes on and posed for some quick pictures! They turned out pretty good considering how big of a hurry we were in!

Ry the hobo

Tay the boxer

Katey the American Idol contestant! (Don't ask, it was $15 in the clearance section of a catalog and she LOVED it!)

Mr. Mase...a.k.a. Spiderman...a.k.a...Peter Parker (we weren't allowed to call him Mason all night long!)


A super happy Tigger! He was a skeleton at his preschool party, but he said he couldn't be a skeleton for trick-or-treating because that's what he was last year. :)

My sweet little bunny! Oh, how I love hand-me-down costumes! It reminds me so much of when Katey wore that about 7 years ago! :)

Grandpa Bill and Grandma Pat always do donuts and hot chocolate in their decorated garage for their trick-or-treaters! It was a tradition at their old house and now their new neighbors are loving it too! What a fun (CRAZY) weekend! :)

No comments: