So, Ry turned 11 on July 13th!! I seriously can't believe it! He is SUCH a great kid and I consider it a privilege to be his mom! 11 years have gone by SO fast! I wish I had his baby pictures stored in my computer to post. Alas, 11 years ago we actually had to get film developed! Down in my scrapbook room I have a binder full of film strips. How ghetto is that? :) Anyways, I gave Ry several choices for his party and the one he wanted more than anything was to just get as many friends as he could to go to the ballpark and play baseball. He totally has baseball on the brain right now! Because his All-Star team was doing so well in their tournaments, we weren't sure how exactly to plan a party around the unpredictable games. We decided to do it on his birthday, in the afternoon just in case he ended up having a game that night. (Which he did and it was super crazy!) SO, he had a whole bunch of kids show up at the park for pizza, soda, cupcakes and a 10 against 10 ball game. It was so great! Chris was the pitcher for both teams and the kids had so much fun!! Ry scored big time with the presents! Most of his friends gave him cash and gift cards. He had over $180 between the 2. I want that kind of a birthday party for sure!! After the party we had to go home and let him rest for a couple of hours before his game. Ry was the lead off batter and he hit an in the park homerun off the first pitch of the game!! How's that for a perfect birthday!? Happy Birthday Ryan! I love you and I couldn't be more proud!!
We Moved
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment