Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I DID IT!!!!

Holy crap! I just read the entire Book of Mormon in 30 days! Our Relief Society challenged us to read it in 100 days starting April 11th. Well, I went to Cali with my mom, Katey and Sophey that week and I was going to start when I got back. Well, then it was baseball season and I used that as an excuse too, among several other excuses. SOOOOO, Chris went out of town for a while in June. For some reason on June 14th, I decided to quit procrastinating and just start the dang thing. I figured I would be way behind the whole time and probably never catch up, but I was at least going to start. With Chris being out of town I had a good chance to read at night without any distractions...plus it gave me something to do for those 3 weeks. I read my little heart out any chance I got, usually at bedtime and would read 3-4 days worth every night. I gave up my favorite summer reality t.v. shows...So You Think You Can Dance, America's Got Talent and such. Truth is, I didn't miss them at all. I didn't even get too irritated that Chris was still addicted to them. :) It was such a great experience and I would trade it for those dumb shows any day. I would totally read it in 30 days vs. 100 days again! I actually had to "immerse" myself in it instead of just reading for a few minutes here and there. I was afraid I wasn't going to finish before we leave for California on Friday...the challenge actually ends this weekend, so I had to finish even before everyone else who probably started on time. But, I had a few spare minutes this afternoon and decided to just read the last 5 days worth. So, I am officially done!! I am so proud of myself! I can't remember the last time I actually read the whole thing! I have been challenged to read it before and I know I've started it several times over the years but I don't think I've finished it...except for once as a teenager. :) I know it has strengthened my testimony and I am so happy that I did it! It was a great experience! My reward was the last chapter...it's the best out of the whole book and worth making it to the end for!

1 comment:

BerlyD said...

Wow! You are awesome. I am so proud!