This picture didn't turn out as good as the photographer's.
Here is a link to see the good picture.
My code is 345-559-g3bc7
Oh, and on that subject. I saw the sign that said they "respectfully request" that you don't use your personal camera to take a picture. Well, I "respectfully request" that they don't charge so flippin' much for pictures then. Seriously. I have taken my kids to the same mall and the same santa for pictures for 7 years in a row. I have paid a fortune for a couple of sheets of crappy prints every year. I snap a picture with my camera every year while they are taking their pictures. I don't stand there for 1/2 hour trying to get my kids to look at me while people are waiting in line. I just snap a quick picture from behind the photographer just for my own personal use. I STILL pay a fortune for their prints out of "respect" for them and their services. So, I "respectfully request" that they take down their sign. Not everyone can spend $30 on crappy prints. Doesn't every child deserve to get their picture taken with Santa regardless of whether or not they can afford it? Seriously. Bah Humbug to you Kiddie Kandids and South Towne Mall.
Oh, and one more thing. Why did they make Ryan sit on the floor and then hide Tay behind Mase on the couch? I wish I had said something. Couldn't they have put Tay on the floor too? Or put Ry behind Katey? Or let Ry & Tay stand NEXT to the couch? I didn't realize how dumb it looked until I got my crappy prints back.
Oh, and on that subject. I saw the sign that said they "respectfully request" that you don't use your personal camera to take a picture. Well, I "respectfully request" that they don't charge so flippin' much for pictures then. Seriously. I have taken my kids to the same mall and the same santa for pictures for 7 years in a row. I have paid a fortune for a couple of sheets of crappy prints every year. I snap a picture with my camera every year while they are taking their pictures. I don't stand there for 1/2 hour trying to get my kids to look at me while people are waiting in line. I just snap a quick picture from behind the photographer just for my own personal use. I STILL pay a fortune for their prints out of "respect" for them and their services. So, I "respectfully request" that they take down their sign. Not everyone can spend $30 on crappy prints. Doesn't every child deserve to get their picture taken with Santa regardless of whether or not they can afford it? Seriously. Bah Humbug to you Kiddie Kandids and South Towne Mall.
Oh, and one more thing. Why did they make Ryan sit on the floor and then hide Tay behind Mase on the couch? I wish I had said something. Couldn't they have put Tay on the floor too? Or put Ry behind Katey? Or let Ry & Tay stand NEXT to the couch? I didn't realize how dumb it looked until I got my crappy prints back.
For the record though...this is Katey's first year of not being afraid of Santa! Go Katey!! And, Soph didn't cry the whole time. She actually quite liked Santa after the initial shock! She is crying in my picture because I hurried and took it before I got in trouble. Once she got used to him and the photographer, she was happy and smiling! At the end, she didn't want me to take her off of Santa's lap, she had made a new friend. So, all in all, it really was a great visit with Santa Claus! :)
5 comments:
This is one of those things I miss about having my kids so grown up... it's sad. I tried to convince Colby that I want "just one more" picture with Santa and he has patently refused.
So did you get in trouble for taking the photo, or did you just see the sign? I agree, that is sad when a family can't take a picture of their kids with Santa. That is quite a pricey deal. Seems like we could hire a Santa for less than that, have him sit with the kids for an hour and take all of the pictures we want to take. I'm just sayin'.
You have the cutest family, Kim.
Love you
Wendy, I agree. It was like pulling teeth to get my big boys to WANT to go see him. :)
Nancy, I didn't get in trouble, I was super sneaky! :) I agree and maybe I'll start hiring my own santa and letting my friends come over to see him too...and family too, of course! :)
We go to South Towne every single year to!!! Last year was the first year Kiddie Kandids stop taking the pictures and they have been horrible pictures. Last year and this year I was so unimpressed by the pictures, let alone the PRICE. I swear it increased so much!
Your kids are so cute though!! And I agree why would they put just one kid on the floor, makes no sense.
Cute! We still need to go do that at our mall. The good thing about our crappy mall is that no one goes there so no line to see Santa!:)
Post a Comment