Wednesday, December 2, 2009

When Black Friday turns green

Well, it started out with the bravest of intentions. After looking at the ads on Thanksgiving Day, I decided I was going to be super brave and go shopping at 5 a.m. on Black Friday. There were so many good deals to be had and I intended to take advantage of ALL of them. My plans included Walmart (scary, I know), Bath and Body Works, Children's Place, Old Navy, Roberts and Target. I stayed up until after midnite making lists of what I was going to get and mapping out my morning. I finally went to bed, only to be woken up to the sound of violent puking an hour later. After being up ALL night with Katey, I decided I couldn't get up that early to go shopping. I was a little sad, but secretly a little relieved. :) So, we spent all day Friday on puke patrol. Luckily I have the best husband in the world and he went to Walmart not once, but twice for me. He found some of the stuff I wanted...but I bet some of it was gone shortly after 5 a.m.

We all got feeling better and then Monday night I got extremely ill with a bladder infection. My good friend came over to watch my kids Tues. morning so I could drag my butt to Instacare. I have been on my antibiotic for 24 hours and am not feeling better at all. And, lucky for me, I was woken up at 2 a.m. AGAIN this morning by Hayden who informed me that he "frew up on his bed." So, I threw his sheets in the laundry, cleaned him up and laid on the couch with him for a while. Then at 5 a.m. I was woken up again, but this time by Mason who said, "Mom, I think I'm going to throw up."...which he promptly did. :( So, we are having a lovely day to say the least. My laundry is piling up faster than I can handle, I have cleaned up more throw up than I care to talk about, and my poor baby just wants some attention. AND I feel like I have been punched in the stomach by Mike Tyson.

Luckily for me I have the best husband (have I mentioned that before?) and he has been getting up early to get the kids ready for school, he brought his laptop upstairs so he can help me and work at the same time, he went to Kneader's to get me dinner last nite, and the list goes on and on. I am also lucky to have great friends who will take my turn driving the kindergarten carpool, watch my kids for an ENTIRE morning, and do anything I ask them to! Sometimes it takes getting violently ill to realize you have to slow down a bit. It also makes you realize how much you have to be grateful for and how much you take for granted! Hopefully we are getting our "flu season" over with early and can enjoy the holidays puke (and pain) free! :) 23 days and counting!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh goodness! I feel for you...bladder infection is bad enough without all the puking going on too... Good luck and get better!

Jackie said...

Oh man! Sounds like you have had some good days. Let me know if you need anything, because I would be more than happy to help you out. Hope you and your family feel better soon.