Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Feels like 2 degrees?

I just checked the weather after I sent 4 VERY bundled children out the door for school. It says it's 17 degrees, but feels like 2. I wonder what 2 degrees really feels like? Lucky for me I get to sit in my nice warm house, in my jammies, with a bowl of hot cream of wheat (with LOTS of brown sugar), with 2 of the sweetest babies ever and do nothing today. (Well, I shouldn't say nothing...I really do need to clean my house...we'll see about that.) :) I make a point to not leave my house these days. It's too much work and WAY too cold to go anywhere. Oh, how I love living across the street from the school. I saw all of the moms in their jammies, driving their kids to school, waiting in the forever long line of cars. They had babies in jammies in the car too. Oh how cold they must be. I know they're all jealous of me. I built a house across the street from the school on purpose. I used to be one of those moms spending what felt like ALL day driving to and from the school. Now I just sit in my nice warm house, in my jammies watching all of those moms driving back and forth in the snow. I feel very smart and very blessed today. :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Haha! I think we are the same person. I just might have to come buy a house by you so that I can watch my kids just cross the street while I stay in my pajamas.

Kim McCann said...

Jackie, I'm sure there are at least 9 houses for sale by me. :)