Friday, November 20, 2009

OH SNAP!


I just realized I forgot to give Tay money for his tooth last nite. Chris took the tooth downstairs last nite after he tucked the boys in and reminded Tay to put it under his pillow. I forgot. Chris forgot. Apparently Taylor forgot too. I seriously can't believe it. If I wasn't so dang tired by 9:00 that might help. Or if I didn't fall asleep on the couch trying to catch up on tivo EVERY night that might help too. I even sat and blogged about it thinking that would remind me and I'd go down once I was sure he was asleep. I can't believe he didn't notice the tooth when he was making his bed. He ALWAYS makes his bed...as soon as he gets out of it...he is SUCH a good boy. How could I possibly forget? The real problem here is that I ONLY forget when it's Taylor. The very first time he lost a tooth, he came into my bathroom the next morning. One look at his face and I knew instantly what happened. Luckily I snuck some money under his pillow when I went down to check it out. You should have seen his face. It was as if he had lost his best friend. How do you forget to be the Tooth Fairy for a child's 1st tooth? Their 7th tooth is quite another story...BUT STILL! Oh well. This is why I'm loving my blog. My kids don't read it, in fact...I don't think anyone reads it. It's more like my online journal. I created it mostly for selfish reasons...and to help me with my fb withdrawals...and to let go of my guilt for being the "bad mother". :) I think I'll sneak a dollar under his pillow right now. Maybe he'll think he just didn't see it. Maybe he'll forget that he even had a tooth under his pillow last nite. Maybe I'll give him 2 dollars...or 10. We'll see what I've got in my wallet. Maybe I'll have to borrow money from Ryan's stash like I did to pay the babysitter the other day. :0

No comments: