Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Facebook Detox...Day 2

Ok, so most people don't believe me when I tell them I deleted my fb account. Shocking, I know. But, my friend Lynnie didn't freak out, she just called me and said, "How's fb detox going?" It was quite refreshing for someone to actually look at it that way and not plan an intervention. I swear people are questioning my mental state. Really, it's just a "social networking website"...it's not like I started drinking or quit going to church...or did I? :) Granted I did spend A LOT of time on there...but still. Anyways, I am happy to report that fb detox is successful so far! Not only did I "deactivate" my account, I deleted every one of my fb friends individually so that if I do have a moment of weakness it will take A LOT of effort to get back on. Yesterday I wrote in 6 journals and did at least 15 scrapbook pages...all in the time it would have taken to check in with my fb peeps. I also played with my 2 year old and attempted potty training (at best)...AND my baby did not sit on the floor and cry for a change. I actually held her and played with her. Shocking, I know. Being the baby of 6 she tends to get a little neglected...and fb was not helping the matter. She rather enjoyed that attention. So, hopefully I won't be a blog addict now that my fb addiction is gone. Wish me luck...

8 comments:

IMDAMAN said...

I'm proud of you baby! Way to go!

IMDAMAN said...

I didn't realize my google ID was IMDAMAN. It's me (Chris, your husband, you know, the guy downstairs) in case you were wondering.

Kim McCann said...

Yes, I was wondering at first. Until you said, "baby"...then I knew. :)

Coombs Family said...

Welcome!

Shar said...

You are a strong woman Kim. I wish I could quit FB too! I hate that I check it a million times a day. So kuddos to you!

Amy said...

I'm not strong enough to quit facebook. You are my hero! Welcome to the blogging world. :)

BerlyD said...

Good job on the cute blog! I am proud of you!

GSP said...

Good for you. :) Very cute blog!