Monday, November 16, 2009

Next time I'm taking the video camera!

So, words cannot do this justice. I just took all 6 kids to the dentist. Well, Soph didn't have an appt. but she still went with us. Our dentist is so fabulous and his office is about as kid friendly as it gets. He has an autistic son and he has the patience to prove it. :) They have a little movie room by the waiting room. They had just started "Up" when we got there. We just watched it the other nite, but the kids were glued to it nonetheless. They were so disappointed when we only "got" to wait for 5 minutes. So, the whole time we were there they were in and out of that room...which just so happens to be on the OTHER side of the huge office from our exam room. I'm sure the receptionist loved seeing my kids running back and forth repeatedly for a half an hour. So, the kids got x-rays, got their teeth cleaned, took turns playing Mario Kart (on the t.v. in the ceiling with sunglasses and headphones on) and got balloon animals for being good. Because I'm sure that compared to most kids they WERE good. :) They drove me absolutely crazy though. In and out of the exam room (which ALL 7 of us were crammed into), fighting over where they wanted to sit, fighting over who was next, fighting over who had the better toothbrush, and on and on. The best was when Mason's turn was up and he had a death grip on the video game controller. We had to pry it out of his hands and then he screamed and yelled and tried to hit anyone near him...then he calmly went to watch the movie again. Luckily the dentist knows and understands Mase...that helps a lot! All of them did, however, sit still for the dentist. Not one of them cried or bit the dentist. (Which is good for us!) NOT ONE CAVITY for the 5 big kids!! Yay! They even got coupons for free kids meals from Del Taco for not having cavities! The best part was, just as we were getting ready to leave, I was putting Sophey back in her carseat (since I had to hold her THE WHOLE TIME)...as the dentist was telling me what a great job I'm doing and what a great mom I am, I whacked Sophey's head on her car seat handle. Yup, whacked. She cried and cried. It was the most traumatic part of our visit. It took her a while to get over it and the dentist was speechless. Apparently I cannot multitask anymore. I used to be able to talk and put a baby in a car seat at the same time. Not so much these days. What do you expect when you're outnumbered 6 to 1? Seriously though, next time I'm taking the video camera! It would have been a very entertaining 30 minute video. :)