Thursday, January 27, 2011

Never a dull moment with Mase around...

I was doing homework with Mason tonite and he had some letters he had to make words out of. We came up with the word "aid". I said, "You know...like FIRST aid." Mason said, "Yeah, like a recess aide. I have a plan to knock out 3 of them. Well, just 2 of them because the 3rd one is kind of nice." I asked about his "plan" (more out of amusement than concern). Our conversation went a little something like this...
Me: What do you mean "knock out the aides"?
Mase: You know, get rid of them.
Me: WHY?
Mase: Because they won't let us dig. You know how I keep a glitter ball in my backpack because I'm trying to get in the glitter ball club at recess? Well, I decided I'm going to dig to Tokyo, Japan instead.
Me: What are you going to do when you get to Tokyo, Japan?
Mase: Take back what's rightfully mine!
Me: And what exactly is rightfully yours?
Mase: A meteorshard, one of the five.
Me: What's a meteorshard?
Mase: It's part of a meteor shower, you know, like from space.
Me: Why do you want a meteorshard?
Mase: To launch all 5 of them back to space and save the world.
Me: And when are you going to Tokyo, Japan?
Mase: Summer. Like in June. The end.
****
Oh to spend a day in that big brain of his. I love my Mase! He melts my heart.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

He's so sweet! I'm sure you're just smiling all day with him around! :) On another note, I really hate having 1st graders and having to come up with all those words.