Thursday, January 7, 2010

*Disclaimer* Do not read if you will be jealous or upset.

Well, after debating about posting on this subject....I've decided to do it. I had surgery 9 days ago. Nothing serious, don't go worrying. :) I had some "elective" procedures done that I have been begging Chris for ever since I had my first baby. Well, 6 babies and 10 years later, my wish came true. Santa was good to me this year! 4 days after Christmas I got some really great presents! Having 6 babies in 10 years does not do pretty things to your body. Not that I had a "perfect" body to begin with, but I just wanted to be put back together. Lucky for me I have the greatest husband on earth. He actually encouraged me to do it...even though it cost a fortune! :) Not only was he on board 100% with the procedures, he was also on board 100% for my recovery. That meant rearranging his work schedule to have 2 weeks off AFTER Christmas instead of during Christmas. Not easy to do. He also knew that since both of our moms would be out of town that week, that he was on his own to take care of me AND the kids. Now, who would go and do that on purpose? :) I am happy to report that he has taken EXCELLENT care of all of us. From doing laundry, dishes, diapers, bathtime, bedtime and meals all by himself to making sure I take my medicine on a strict schedule...he has been amazing. He tucks me in (to my recliner in the basement) each night, making sure I have a phone by me in case I need to call him at anytime, propping my feet with pillows, reclining my head to just the right spot, and kissing me goodnight...while taking the baby monitor with him so he can get up with Sophey if she wakes up. :) He has had to do some crazy things in the last 9 days and I love him all the more for it. Guess what? He hasn't complained ONCE. Seriously. Not once. There has been a lot to complain about around here too...the kids are off track until the 26th of January and they are getting bored already. Oh, and guess what...now he's vacuuming. :) He has to help with the cleaning, cooking & baby duty for weeks until I am fully recovered. It breaks my heart to not be able to hold my baby...but I am ok with Chris being on diaper duty for a while. I am the happiest woman alive. Sorry for those of you that want to puke on me. I hate when people write sappy things about their husbands...I always feel like I should be jealous or something. But, I just couldn't help it. :) Oh, and I can't forget my fabulous friends who have taken such great care of me!! Meals, flowers, presents, treats, phone calls, etc...I have awesome friends! Our moms even brought us dinner when they came back in town. We have been spoiled. I feel so blessed and so lucky. (And a titch miserable at the same time)

9 comments:

Kristie said...

Yay! Good for you! :) I know you said not to be jealous, but I am a little bit! I would love to have some things put back together as well, but my doctor says non-necessary surgeries will forever be a big no-no for me. :( Oh well, Greg will just have to live with me the way I am (it's pretty much his fault anyway, right?) :)

Kim McCann said...

Yes, it is his fault and he should love you more than ever. :) Especially after baby #4! You are darling Kristie!!

Amb Pete said...

Thats Awesome, lucky you. Sounds like you are recovering well.

Coombs Family said...

Lucy girl! You know why Chris isn't complaining right....it's so you won't complain when he is attracted to your hotness!

Anonymous said...

Kim I love you but I hate that you hate when us "other women" write sappy things about our husbands. I have always thought Chris was a good hubby to you, but this was fun to read:)I am dying to know more about this mystery surgery. You lucky lucky woman!!!

Kim McCann said...

Desiree, you know I love you...and your sappiness. :)

Wendy said...

LUCKY YOU! I know you said not to be jealous but I am anyway (not of the husband--I have one of those and he's AWESOME like this all the time too)... Congrats on the surgery...

Shar said...

Congratulations, Kim! But ummm, sorry I am completely jealous! I would absolutely love to be put back together. Here's to a speedy recovery and one even hottier, "HOT MAMA'!

Jackie said...

What an awesome Christmas present. I am a horrible friend to have not know about this. Or maybe you just didn't tell many. Either way, you deserve it! Now we have to go to lunch soon. I am moving out in a week and a half-ish.