Thursday, April 14, 2011

Katey's new room!

Katey's room was getting a little "babyish" for her. I bought her some new bedding and her old light pink walls were just too much in there! So, after a quick trip to Lowe's we got busy. We were hurrying to finish is before Chris got home from a business trip. He had no idea and Katey loved that we got to surprise him! Her magnet board was lavendar and the metal part had fallen out, with a little orange paint and a glue gun we were able to fix it quick and easy-like. :)

This pink shelf was mine when I was little and has been painted white for decades (with different colors painted around the edges over the years). I found a cool blog where they refinish furniture and this seems to be the cool thing to do...paint everything 1 bright color! So, that's what we did when we found out you could buy $3 sample paints at Home Depot and have them tinted any color you want! We went a little crazy from there...
You can't really tell, but we also painted the "K" on her bow hanger. It used to be a pale pink with light green polka dots on it, we painted it bright green with hot pink polka dots and it turned out super cute!


This is her super cute bedding we bought. Can you imagine it with pink walls? I should have taken a picture of it. It was horrific. The cute picture above her bed matches so perfectly and it was 50% off at Hobby Lobby! :)


Here is the bright green shelf. Oh how I tried to talk her out of that color of paint! We had a 5 minute talk about it at the Home Depot paint counter. She insisted and I actually love it! It's a little bright, but it's perfect! The flower stickers were also 50% off at Hobby Lobby and are re-stickable so I let her put them anywhere she wanted. I also love her pink curtains. They are so fun!


Another thing she insisted on...the smile sign. Oh well, if it reminds her to smile once in a while it will be worth it. :) She went a little crazy at Hobby Lobby but she loves her room!


The only thing we couldn't find was a light switch plate...with a little frog tape, some leftover paint and a q-tip we just made our own. It was a really fun project and it was nice to feel ambitious...for a minute. :)

4 comments:

Missy said...

So cute! How awesome that she got to choose everything. My favorite is the light switch :) hehe

Kristie said...

This is the same color of Alyssa's bedroom and I love it! You are so ambitious to get that done so quickly. Once I decide to paint it usually takes me a few years to actually get it done! :)

Ellen and Austin said...

I love the room!!! The colors are so cute together :) how fun!!!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

It looks so great!! Man, you are talented, I should have you come do our baby's room!